Monday, January 23, 2012

Buttermilk Waffles

Recipe 7 - January 22nd, 2012

Success, but not a keeper.

Buttermilk Waffles
This recipe comes from The New Best Recipes from the editors of Cook's Illustrated


Yummy waffles, but not the best yet.  I've been trying different recipes for two years and still looking for that perfect waffle...  please share any great recipes!  

I must admit that I mis-measured the baking soda and had to pull some out of the dry batter.  This affected the waffles I'm sure.  Good, but still looking...

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried separating the eggs, beating the whites to soft peaks, and then folding them into the batter just before cooking? Epic trick for any waffle recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion! Yes, I have a copper bowl and I separate the eggs and beat them. Something about the combination of ingredients I'm not getting right, I think. Do you have a good recipe you can share?

      Delete