Monday, January 30, 2012

Vegetarian Moussaka

Recipe 11 - January 30th, 2012

Success!

This recipe comes from Cooking Light, March 2011



The bulgar added nice texture to the filling and I love eggplant, this is a really nice dish!  In the online reviews people have recommended adding more of the spices (be careful not to overdo the cinnamon), additional bulgar, and make a double batch of the béchamel.  I did not do any of these things (I don't read the reviews until after I've tried the recipes).

The recommended cooking times are good and there is a lot of multitasking involved and it does take a long time to prepare.  I am not familiar with traditional meat moussaka so there was nothing for me to compare the recipe to other than if we liked it or not.  And we did and will keep this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment