Monday, January 16, 2012

North African Fish Stew

Recipe 4 - January 16th, 2012

Success!

North African Fish Stew
This recipe comes from Food and Wine, February 2012
Chef: Cat Cora



Today I had 90% of my mise en place prepared when I started cooking.  This is not something I'm very good at doing, but am working on.  It worked well and made the clean up super easy.  This recipe requires a moderate amount of chopping and preparation.  Cooking goes smoothly and the times recommended in the recipe work well.  I halved the recipe (the servings are large) and omitted the raisins.  The raisins would add a nice sweet contrast to the overall taste.  There are a lot of subtle flavors in the stew.

My favorite part of the recipe was discovering a new spice blend (I found it at the Savory Spice Shop, there are also recipes to make your own spice blend online) and the trick of adding spices to couscous before adding the water to add flavor.

It looks great and tasted really good!  I will add this to my recipe binder and make it again.



No comments:

Post a Comment